Friday, December 4, 2009

chicken tortilla soup


it's cold outside! i love soup and chili in the winter. this is one of my favorites that my mom made a lot. it's great by itself or with a warm quesadilla!


Chicken Tortilla Soup


3 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into strips
2 T. vegetable oil
1 cup salsa (Pace or whatever you like)
2 14-oz. cans chicken broth
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 large zucchini, coarsely chopped
*Lime wedges, sour cream and cilantro (optional but I definitely recommend them!!)



In large skillet cook tortilla strips in hot oil until crisp; remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. In large saucepan (or pot) combine salsa and chicken broth; bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken and zucchini; heat through. Serve in bowls - top with tortilla strips, lime wedges, sour cream and cilantro. Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

  1. Ya, you're a genius. I just came across this blog, and i Heart everything you post on here : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! love that i'm in canada now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Allie!
    How are you?? How are you feeling? This is totally random, but I am making this soup tonight for dinner, but I only have peach mango salsa.. would that be gross? Have you ever made it with a sweeter salsa before? Or should I just go get some regular kind? Anyway, totally random! Hope you are feeling good though- I love reading your other blog and the baby updates!

    ReplyDelete